three people die of carbon monoxide poisoning in Brittany


This is one of the dangers of winter. Carbon monoxide has killed three people in Brittany, Côtes-d’Armor and Finistère in the past 24 hours. In the Côtes-d’Armor, in Trégomeur, a 77-year-old woman and her 59-year-old son were found dead Thursday at their home. « It emerges from the first elements of the investigation that these two deaths are consecutive to carbon monoxide poisoning, the origin of which is accidental », we learned from the prosecution.

In Pont-Aven (Finistère), four people from the same family were discovered Thursday intoxicated in the same way, according to the regional press. One, aged 82, died and the other three were hospitalized.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless gas that results from incomplete combustion from faulty heating. This accident can occur regardless of the type of fuel used.

Leave a Comment

Votre adresse e-mail ne sera pas publiée.

*